August 05, 2010

The start of something new

I've been feeling this week like there's a shift in the air; a new season beginning to bud and burst through!
 

My prayer lately has been; "Lord direct my heart like a watercourse wherever You please" ~ ~ ~

Bobbie Houston said at Sisterhood United recently; "Pay  attention  to  what  moves  your  heart"
 
...and then do something to be part of the solution!

There has also been a challenge to take aim in my life...

"Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air" 1 Cor 9:26

Purpose, direction, vision >>> without which I'd fall back and live a sloppy life!

"If you aim at nothing you will hit it everytime"-Zig Ziglar

One thing I've started targeting is a home of our own. In the natural it's a fairly impossible dream, but with God's help I am confident it can be done. Ha I even had a mortgage broker come over last night :)

Small beginnings, baby steps forward (In terms of a house most likely an itsy apartment to begin with!)
...but "Wahoo!!" from tiny seeds amazing things have the potential to grow >> if  those seeds are planted!

"Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let not your hands be idle for you do not know which will suceed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well" Eccles 11:6

I want to give God something to work with in my life, knowing he can take what I offer and do exceedingly more than I could ever hope or dare dream for!!!

4 comments:

Simoney said...

Cool Rebecca!! I love that feeling of "springtime" - the anticipation of something just around the corner. I have started work on The Book again!! Have been rethinking the design and have got a better plan. Just a bit more streamlined, less busy, but still scrappy and fun.
xx

banban said...

Awesome. We will all pray and watch what unfolds. God is amazing!!!!

Brigitte said...

"...knowing he can take what I offer and do exceedingly more than I could ever hope or dare dream for..."
I love it that God can do this, wants to do this, with what we have, no matter how small or untamed it may be!
A beautiful read, thank you for sharing - very encouraging and refreshing.
I look forward to reading about what "new thing/s" God has in store for you and your family!

Penny said...

Wow sounds awesome! Go Rebecca!