August 13, 2010

Donna's wisdom for singles...

I so enjoyed Donna Crouch's message yesterday at Sisterhood; 'Wisdom for life!' Within it some of her thoughts on being single!

"Being single is not about filling in time until you meet someone.
Step out! 
Don't hold back from who you want to be."


Donna who was single (I think?!) into to early 30's went on to share how when she got married she had an old clapped out fridge that froze the lettuce and how she had been too scared to get a mortgage on her own. She was waiting for all these things to fall into place once she met and married.

She spoke too, of the day a friend and herself faced their singleness head-on asking;

"What if I'm going to be single for the rest of my life? 
If so, what kind of life do I therefore want to live?"

Her friend who was longing for babies then went through the process of resigning from her job and providing respite care for foster babies.

I'm so glad God's has been nudging me along...
To build a great life for the kids and I no matter what!
Like Donna said I'm not going to wait around for a man to come sweep me off my feet before I start living the life I want to live!!

"If God wants you THERE He will take you THERE... in the meantime enjoy HERE on the way to THERE'-Christine Caine

Planting seeds for the future
Daring to dream
Having mission
Going on adventures
Learning new things
Embracing the opportunities that come with being single!

"I commend the enjoyment of life.." !! Ecceles 8:15

3 comments:

Sj said...

Hey Rebecca
what a cool write-up from you. so encouraging for anyone. Love it heaps, thanks for sharing, you are awesome! Your kids are blessed to have you as their mamma! Praying for fun for you, for new surprises and for strength and grace for parenting. love to you, Sarah

Widge said...

you are such an inspiring woman of faith. Go you!!

Simoney said...

I LOVE that Donna Crouch! She is so awesome. She helped me so much when i was single for so long when all my friends were getting married... Good on YOU Bec! You are an inspirational person, single OR married
xx