August 20, 2010

Sunday Stories

Friday night, and feeling kinda whacked!! I think I would have crashed and fallen asleep by now if I didn't need to wait up for my now teenage daughter to come home from youth.

So while I'm waiting...I haven't popped by yet to tell you about the 2 cool stories that happened at church last Sunday night:

The first was a beautiful picture I got of my children during worship....We were standing singing; 'From the inside out Lord my soul cries out..", my littlest boy in front of me raising his hands in mine, when I saw gold gently flowing from heaven and swirling over each of my children as they stood in the presence of God... little bits of that gold falling and solidifying in each of them. 
I got it, I believe God was showing me that as I bring my children to His house and an atmosphere of His presence, He is forming something solid and of value within their lives and hearts: Gold!!

I love this picture Ps 84 paints too;
"Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God" (v3)

What a beautiful place to raise our young! Sometimes it's a circus getting my four through the doors, but oh so worth it! Ha I'm the mum whose boy is giving his brother a wedgie, red undies pulled as high as his head at the front entrance of church with crowds looking on!!


Anyway, after the service finished I gathered the kids and as we were all walking back to the car I stopped Lij in his tracks, pointing out what he had just stepped on: a $5 note! There was no one around us who could dropped it, so it was his for the taking! We stood laughing and amazed because just that night Lij had really wanted to, and gave every cent he had into the offering; all $5 of it!

"...I will pour out my spirit on your offspring and my blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams. One will say; 'I belong to the Lord'...still another will write on his hand 'The Lords'..." Isaiah 44:3-5



5 comments:

Sophie said...

Beautiful Rebecca!

Gail said...

Awesome Rebecca. I am always inspired and motivated by your posts!!

Simoney said...

so coool!!!
xx

Anonymous said...

That's so cool Bec! always so inspiring x

Kathy Monk said...

Hahaha that last comment was mine!!