July 10, 2010

It started in Manila.

Bustling Manila! 20 million people, crazy roads, techni-coloured jeepneys, tricycles, ginormous billboards, mega shopping malls, shanty-like shops, tangled powerlines, people everywhere!! There's always so much to look at!

Check out this overloaded jeepney we saw on our way up the mountain!!!
My trip to the Philippines was amazing, life-changing...I don't quite know how to sum it all up in words?!

God though, is at work in me.
 Now I have seen....
I don't want to come home and forget, or think that's it, been there done that. But rather; "Lord how can I continue to give? What can I do from here?"





In Manila we stayed in a lovely Mission House in a secured community, and ventured out each day from there. 

I heart the church and those it serves in San Mateo. It was such a privilege and joy to be with them; to hug their babies and do what we could to help. Their vision, heart and all they've set their hands to is awe-inspiring.

 
I started writing this last week but stopped short, as there's still so much to tell...not only about our time in Manila but also in Butuan City but not enough time to write. We just had an amazing week at Hillsong Conference and are off to the Gold Coast tomorrow...so let's just go from here! The video speaks volumes on it's own. Do watch!
 
 

2 comments:

banban said...

Watched it Bec, what beautiful people, what a great work that is being done, praying you find where you can help and that all of us may be apart of reaching out. xx

Gail said...

Hey Becs, wow. I just watched that clip and felt so moved. There is so much we take forgranted here in NZ - things that are so easily and readily accessible, that they struggle for and desire to have.
What amazing guys those two are to have such hearts and to work out what God has placed on their hearts. I am SO INSPIRED.
Go Becs, I hope we get to see/read more of what you have felt over your time there.
xx