May 13, 2010

Word of the day: Diligence!

Proverbs 12:27 "...diligence is man’s precious possession"

Diligence:

1. Earnest and persistent application to an undertaking; steady effort; assiduity.
2. Attentive care; heedfulness

Proverbs 13:4 "The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich"
 
Area's I want to be diligent in:

~My relationship with God. Giving Him my best.
 ~Mothering my 4 children
~The chores involved in having children!!
~Training them up in the way they should go. 
~Creating a wonderful home environment for my family.
~Disciplining my children: Arrggh "Help!" Prov 29v15 &17 says a child left to himself brings shame to his mother, but if you discipline him he will give you peace and bring delight to your soul!
~Opening our hearts and home to others.
~Giving and sharing what I've been given: money, words, possessions...life!
~Planning and cooking nutritious meals for my family
~Making a living/money: "No bees, no honey. No work no money."    
~The book Simoney and I are writing; not putting off until tomorrow (Which I do too often!) what I can do today "For the diligent the week has 7 today's, for the slothful 7 tomorrows. "
~My commitment and love for the house of God
~Physical fitness and activity.
...& making sure we have 'Green spaces' (Rest) in our lives!!

 “The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work."- Oprah

2 comments:

Maranga said...

Loving the challenge to 'attentively care' it's so easy to be in someones company but not - to do jobs out of habit and without purpose.

Looking forward to that book.

Simoney said...

Me too Bec. I need to pick it up again (the book, I mean).
It's gotten a bit lost the last few weeks but it's there in the back of my mind and I guess a lot of what I'm writing now can be used for it. I just need to get back to the layout side of things.
xx