May 17, 2010

Gifts and cards

Our blackboard at home this week says;
 
 "Devise good. Make noble plans"
 
& so during dinner on Saturday night we came up with a list of good plans...

A plan: We made a trip to Woolies after the dishes were done to buy a little something to help say thank-you to each of the children's leaders at church. They tied ribbon around their lil gifts and then made cards...

Making cards:

Remember the morning we made all these cards Anya??
 

I was inspired by Amanda Powell to: "Make 50 all occasion cards for the whole year. (They will then replace the $5 spent every birthday, wedding baby shower etc. That's $250 already)"

It was great we were set for the year!
These days we have a drawer with bits and pieces to assemble a card as we need them.



I like this suggestion too (I ripped out from I don't know where?) I got out again for the kids writing cards:

It’s as simple as 1,2,3……

3 sentences:
#1. Conveys: I miss, appreciate or am thinking of you.
#2. Lets the reader know they are awesome or special to you and why…
#3. Says I believe in or am praying for you and a verse or inspirational something.


 

3 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

That is so awesome - I love how the kids get to see the rewards of giving... and so quickly!!

Sj said...

Hey Rebecca
I'm sarah and i'm a big fan of yours. i've been following you for ages, just shy at making comments! i heard about you via my family/friends at equippers, have met most of your family before but not YOU! You encourage me and stir me on, thanks for your blogging, i think you are amazing. love to meet you sometime, Sarah

banban said...

Yip I remember making those cards..... and all the other things we made and did. Fun times.
Your Mum is so good!!!!!