October 25, 2009

I'm so glad we.......

Not a peep... all 4 out like little lights tonight after a fantastic weekend!

On Friday night the kids were counting down the hours, then minutes until our old homestay student Kevin (& friends) arrived...lucky they were on time! It's been 3 years since he returned to Hongkong and the kids picked up right where they left off and had them playing all night: on the tramp, basketball, and lots of games of 'sardines'... and me, well my trick of the night was tripping and falling into the Lemon Meringue Pie!
 


 On Saturday we were up and off to the Blue Mountains for a 3 hour hike. I promised the kids an ice-cream  if they could make it the whole way without complaining...but O my goodness they were just amazing!!! I was the only one who moaned climbing all those steps at the end! They absolutely LOVED IT, full of life and up for challenge,  7 year old Lij loudly exclaiming, "This ROCKS!"

And today: Sunday we travelled down to Wollongong to see, and hear my brother Sam preach at Gateway Church. After church we had lunch with friends who have 4 boys, my kids in fits of laughter at the antics that went on!


And at the end of each day the kids were like; "I'm so glad we_______"
 
"Mum can we do this walk once a month...Mum can we go back to their house in Wollongong every week...Mum can we go to HongKong?!"

3 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

What a fun weekend... love all the photos!!

banban said...

Wow that sounds like so much fun. The kids are growing up ay and able to do so much.
So when are you going to Hong Kong then????
:)

Gail said...

Good times Becs!
Cool photos. I cant wait to do the blue mountains one day :)

Great pic of Uncle Sam!