January 02, 2012

Expect an adventure

Oh I love that! Yip I think that's my word for 2012 "Expect an adventure!!!!!!"

I am now staying at a friends for a week before we go to NZ (While the kids are away with their Dad) I've been resting, sleeping like a baby, reading, biking, walking, cafe-ing with friends.....& still eating lots of chocolates!!

I picked up a book on my friends coffee table yesterday filled with stories of women who have been through stuff and come out the other side. One author encourages us to look at difficult things we've been through in a new light, to"Look at those experiences & then expect God to do something wonderful in them"

Yes! Joseph in the bible (Who went through so much) said, “God has made me fruitful in this land of my grief.” (Genesis 41:52)

God will use the experiences we've been through to help others....and Like Joseph too, the fruit your life bears will not just be just for yourself but to comfort and feed many!

God redeems (wins back) our past.

I smiled then when I read a story about a woman from a crazy past who found Jesus and one day stood at her kitchen window and prayed: "God if you ever want a man in my life again, You'll have to put him on my doorstep wearing a T-shirt that says so."

Her life went on, and a guy came into their lives who offered to help with her children and picking them all up for church. She describes their friendship as a brother/sister sort of relationship especially as he was quite a bit younger. One evening though the doorbell rang and there he stood, wearing a T-shirt that said "God listens!!

She said she felt a flame of heat go up her neck and face and couldn't talk. Two months later he was chatting to her while she was painting the living room when he asked; "Why don't we get married?!"

So cute. God listens! Keep talking to Him x

No comments: