November 28, 2011

I am thankful (22-27)

Nov 22 I am thankful for cafe catch-ups with friends.

Nov 23 I am thankful that J (age 12) cooked again.
Tonight he made satay chicken, spicy noodles and a chocolate cake for Miss E to take to youth. Impressive! He's just so calm in the kitchen too.

Nov 24 I am thankful that BP and I can work out school pick ups and drop offs between our work schedules which are both different each week.
 
Nov 25 I am thankful that my oldest two both LOVVVVED their new age group programs at youth tonight. A happy J enthused; "I thought it was going to be good but it was wayyy better than I expected." He especially loved how rough the mosh pit was I think?! & Miss arrived home from Wildlife and commented; "Mum there are so many islanders at Wildlife, I love it...I'm in heaven!!" Ha you can take the girl out of NZ, but you can't take NZ out of the girl.

Nov 26 I am thankful for great kids who all willingly helped with the packing today. The boys got out the tools and undid the beds, Miss E put her whole room into boxes, and the boys were in demolition heaven when I gave them old shelves to beat to death outside. O boy did they love that.

Nov 27 I am thankful for a lovely late dinner out with the kids after the evening service. The conversation we had on the way home in the car was hilarious too. Miss E asked J if they had to play 'Puberty Bingo' in the sessions he's just completed at school. He had, aw man it's so funny...and they have to yell out "PUBERTY" instead of bingo when their puberty board is full :))

1 comment:

Lyns said...

Sounds like your kids are awesome!!

Puberty Bingo - how funny!!
xx