August 22, 2011

Pavlova and roses...

Yes lovely~I'm so thankful that my 12 year J enjoys to cook!

Ingenious too: First of all he made gelato using the egg yolks...
& the next day the egg whites to make his very first Pavlova
It was d i v i n e... Well done J, you're a champion!!

*J used my mum's pavlova recipe which you can find here.

And while we're sitting around the table lately {or at other random times!} we'll go around and say our 'Rose' and 'Thorn' of the day...aka 'Highs & lows'

See Simone how Lij had a go making one of your 'Paper Doily lanterns' for the table last night too

Pretty! He's practicing for my 40th birthday party...we've decided to have a dessert night at our place next month.
'Salt and light' ~By Miss E

Have a wonderful week everyone!

"Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that...Don't compare yourself with others...take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life." (Galatians 6:4, 5 MSG)

3 comments:

Sima J said...

Well your boy is a better cook than me - I can NOT do a pav! I've only tried once and it was an epic fail so I'm reticent to try again! Love the salt and light pic!

Simoney said...

Oh WOW!
This gave me such a rush of emotion.
firstly, the lantern - it's beautiful, I feel so proud of him for making it!
then the picture by Miss E - salt and light.
Gave me goosebumps.
then - your 40th!
Oh I wish i could be there with you.
What date is it Becs?
So so wish i could be there.
Man I have this NEED in me to visit all my freinds lately - I just wanna get on a plane and come!

Anonymous said...

This website is unquestionably relatively helpful because I’m on the minute producing a web floral web site - though I'm only commencing out as a result it is actually rather tiny, practically nothing such as this web site. Can hyperlink to some in the posts right here because they are really. Many thanks considerably. Zoey Olsen