March 14, 2011

A Bear Grylls cake, birthday monkey & fun night out!

As you may have figured by now my boys are are big time Bear Grylls fans! 

They're glued to the TV whenever an episode of 'Man verses Wild' comes on and yep he's their inspiration for eating ant's in the garden the other day...good protein you know?!

The first batch of cupcakes I baked for Lij to take to school on his birthday all sunk in the middle (What's with my cooking!) so I piled them together to make a mountain ...adding lego/lolly crocs, snakes, trees and rocks for Bear Gryll's to conquer and climb on his way up! Flag in.


 My cake ('Bulldozer Bec') attempts always make me laugh.:) :)
 
Unfortunately our birthday boy was feeling a little green around the gills on the night of his birthday.(Must be the ant's!!)
The party animal in him still wanted the "You look like a monkey" version of Happy birthday, when we sung to him though!

Not to worry, there were still lots of lollies & bits left for him pick off the cake over the next few days...and he was all set to party on Friday night when we picked up his good friend Paolo to come out with us for dinner and a movie:

As Lij would say; "Good times, good times!"

He makes my heart smile.

2 comments:

Penny said...

ha ha there is actually someone called "Bear Gryllis"? Just that name makes me laugh.
Cool cake, just my style : )
What a great little boy he is. Happy birthday Lij!!

Simoney said...

I love this! Must have missed it when you posted it. Love the Brea Grylls theme, and your cake "attempts" are ALWAYS better and cooler than you think! Not attempts at all - GREAT CREATIVE CAKES!
I personally have ALWAYS been inspired by them!!
xx