July 28, 2009

Kindness rules!!

"Therefore whatever you want others to do to you, do also for them" Matt 7v12

I'm inspired by the 'Do also for them' part of this verse. I think I'd be over-indulged if everyone kept spoiling me the way they have!! I want to copy and pay forward some of the ways friends, family and even strangers have looked after and blessed me.

I don't need to look too far for inspiration...in the last little while:

~At church (Always a great place to be) this month I've been passed 2 envelopes filled with cash, and a $50 note

~Yesterday at the counter, a complete stranger saw I was $10 short and paid the difference

~2 friends in NZ meet and pray for me!! (Man I feel overwhelmed by their kindness even writing that!)

~A woman in the UK (I've met only once) has organised a group of her friends to all put in pounds/month for me, over the next 4 months (Teary-eyed now)

~I've received 3 surprise packages on my doorstep...just because

~Gifted a painting we love

~People have given us so much : toys, clothes, and when we moved into this house; a fridge, washing machine, dryer, microwave, bunks, and a table.

~Encouraging emails, texts, cards, and blog comments!! xox

~I've been taken out for special lunches, dinners, and cooked for.
~& had SO many kind offers

It's my turn now ...this list a good place to start!

"For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, BUT MY KINDNESS SHALL NOT DEPART FROM YOU..." Is 54v10

3 comments:

Gail said...

That's a pretty cool list there! Amazing! God is SO GOOD! And is clearly wrapping His arms around you Becs! Wow! I need to make a list like that too - I think sometimes it's happening, but I'm too clouded to see it (does that make sense?)... having it all written down like that just clearly shows how He provides for us in ways that aren't so black and white!
So Good.

Rangiora said...

We are blessed to be a blessing and YOU sweet lady are an absolute TREAT!! Looking forward to writing my list and posting it on FB (as I am not a blogger) Thank you again for being one who encourages me to keep putting one foot in front of the other and to walk with my head up because that is who God has called me to be.

xx RB

Sophie said...

Isn't it amazing to see how much God does? Sometimes he slips it in without us noticing and its only when we write it all down and see it together that we are blown away by his love and his goodness!