January 02, 2009

Feeling trapped

If you have to be stuck to be anywhere Australia's a GREAT place BUT.....

We only ever came here for a 2 year stint, I feel so deceived in the first instance. It was a mutual decision to come but are now held here by the will of another.

I want for my kids what i had- FAMILY: aunts, uncles, grand-parents...they still have 3 great-grandparents alive in NZ and cousins galore, a truly rich heritage. Not to mention a host of life-long friends who have been our biggest support too through this time.

I'm on airport watch in case i try 'take' the kids, the children's father saying they won't be able to leave Australia until they're 18. By that time they' ll most likely be so ingrained in life here.They all want to live in NZ.

I feel so alone in this. TRAPPED. I just want to go home. I probably sound like a big baby...! Life here has been about me giving, doing it all, raising 4 babies without the support of family close.

It's hard to give expression to. I can stand on my own two feet, and am able to make a life here for us... i just don't want to. At the moment 'home' is where my kids are, BUT...."GOD HELP ME!!!!"

No comments: