March 05, 2011

The best gift for Isobel

"A successful day always starts with surrender and finishes with thanksgiving!" -Dan Zelter

I've found this to be so true in my life...availing myself to God and later being amazed at takes place!

A number of years back now, I was talking over my week with God and asking what he wanted me to do... I scribbled down in my diary to buy a bible for a Isobel, a homestay student who lived with us when she first arrived in Australia, and was now moving back to China.

So I went to the a bookshop here called 'Koorong' where I debated whether or not to get Isobel an English or Chinese bible, deciding on the English one in the end. I made a card, and wrapped up the bible and went to where she was staying that night to say good-bye.

I arrived to a house full of friends and gave the bubbly girl Isobel is the gift, to which she exclaimed;
"Rebecca last night I prayed; "God if you are real, prove it to me by sending someone to give me an English bible before I go back to China. If this happens I will become a christian"

I was then able to pray with her and she received the greatest gift!

I went home on cloud nine, thankful and once again amazed at the awesomeness of God!

No comments: