January 07, 2011

Homesick


Ahh I long to go home (NZ), we all do. The kids are bringing it up all the time, without me saying a word.

The best thing we can do is pray. I don't want to start a war.

There's always a little unsettledness when we return from NZ, a why are we here, it's not fair.

But, we make the most of life in Australia, and I'm grateful for the amazing church we are a part of.
It's just..............??! 
I guess hard at times not knowing if we'll ever make it back.

My thought today has been: 

Wherever I am. In every place I'm unsure...Jesus is my ROCK and sure foundation.

And I just read on twitter:
"If you are feeling a "wave of sadness" about something, look UP and look towards ETERNITY ... #peace&perspective" -Bobbie Houston

His ways are higher, He knows the beginning from the end. I trust Him.

I'm thankful too, that gosh NZ is so close, and the children and I have just returned from our third trip in a year!

I know He's looking after us :)

2 comments:

Gail said...

That's a great tweet to repeat! (ha, that rhymes!)
You are very looked after Rebecca - and wow three trips this year, how awesome.
I pray that you and the kids will have peace in this - We all know that God's plans are bigger than ours, we just need to hang in there, hold tight and trust. One day we'll see the answers to the "whys".
xx so nice to see you ever so briefly the other morning!!

Simoney said...

Wow - THREE in a year!!
Awesome aye??
xxx