December 18, 2010

Oprah's Sydney Show

"What an amazing oprahtunity!!!!" Haha yep, that was a friends line...but it was cool to be part of all the Oprah hype here in Sydney...


Two of those little heads in the audience of 6000 are ours!!
My sister-in-law Kathy flew over from NZ to come with me, fun-fun. She was the first person I thought of when I won the audience lotto. My brother even shouted us 2 nights in the city Whoooo!

On the morning of the show we were up and out the door early (jandals on, and high heels in our bags) to join the line that wound it's way around the block by the Opera House. 

We made it. Here in our seats...

Oprah's guests for the morning were: Russell Crowe, Bindi, Bob and Terri Irwin, JayZ, Bon Jovi, and some Australians in need of help.

It was interesting seeing how it all works; I like how Oprah chatted with the crowd when they cut for ad breaks. "Where's Stedman?" someone shouted out. "In Miami" she replied. "He doesn't come to my work and I don't go to his, it works better that way"

O my goodness and there were a couple of tear-jerking moments....
Little Bob Irwin when he talked about how he watches videos of his dad everyday, and Kristian and Rachel's story they screened before Oprah talked with them on stage.

Remember Kristian? He made this video for his wife Rachel's birthday.


How great too that Oprah gave them a cheque for $250,000 to support the family as Kristian continues his fight with cancer.

JayZ also paid a surprise visit to students at a boys school in Sydney, who jumped for joy when they were all given a laptop computer's and money for their school during the show.




..And on our way out we were all gifted a beautiful pearl necklace - Thanks Oprah!

A fantastic experience.

"Life is always better when you can share it," -O. Winfrey

4 comments:

Sammy said...

What an amzing experience! I was GREEN with envy when I found out that you and Kathy had got tickets- yup, freely admit it! Oprah (regardless of her beliefs) is someone who has lived her life and overcome incredible odds. So glad you got to go xxxx

banban said...

So cool!!!!
Looked like a nice day weather wise too thankfully.
Glad you had fun. What a lovely little present the necklace was to remind you of a great day :)

Brigitte said...

That is INCREDIBLE you got to be there and experience an Oprah opportunity! How cool Kathy came over also, I bet you ladies had loads of fun!
Oooooo and that pearl necklace is gorgeous, what a generous lady she is! X

Kathy Monk said...

I so Opreciated the trip! bahahahahaha I had such fun and had the best company!! I was shocked however, by the flat singing by Jon Bon Jovi...so sad...I used to have their albums....nevermind!! still living on a prayer hey!

Can't wait to wear my $650.00 necklace!! Wahoo
Merry Xmas All!