June 29, 2009

Mummy meltdown

...had one yesterday!

Regina Brett lesson no. 12:
"It's ok to let your children see you cry"

And they did....I couldn't handle the bad behaviour, attitudes, AND fighting a moment longer. On top of a nightmarish month....!!!! Boo hoo ho ho hoo

While I lay down and collected myself it put a smile on my face to hear the children working in the kitchen together; making dinner. cleaning and unloading the dishwasher. I think they realised they'd crossed the line!

A freddo (Chocolate!) helped get me to my feet again and we ended up having a really great night. After a truly horrible day.

I said to them later hard times can actually teach us a thing or two: what do you think we could learn from today??! A lively discussion followed... and hopefully some changes too!

2 comments:

GB said...

You're such a great mum Becs. To turn around the situation into something to learn from.
Chocolate, so good. Only trouble is a trip to the dentist is needed now. not soon. now. but will happen later!

Simoney said...

Thinking of you Becs, always. You are amazing. Love you so much and looking forward to seeing you when you come over... and taking you out??!!