January 28, 2009

Defined by His Love

My brother has turned out to be a super-talented song writer! When I'm singing along to the new CD, the following lines keep capturing my heart...

" I THANK-YOU, for what you've done in me"

It often brings a smile and tear at the same time. Touched and thankful. I know through all the ups and downs God is doing something in me.

Chris Hill preached on Sunday morning: "God will use the situation to make you who you're supposed to be. Mess makes a message, tests a testimony"

"I find you here, in the stillness of your love
As you sing over me, I'm defined by your love"


I was asked if going away with a whole lot of couples was weird. It honestly wasn't! My value and contribution as a person isn't determined by my marital status. Once home though i recognised for me it could be a sense of failure, especially as a mum, that could sneak up on me. I want the kids to be 'whole', and don't want the recent brokenness to cause them to be damaged. God is bigger though! I remember my father preaching; 'there's no such thing as a perfect parents...inside all of us is a God shaped hole that only He can fill.'

Scott Samways message on Sunday night timely...

"You're not defined by defeat, or your failures...Where you are now is not where you have to stay ...When you're hit, most times you don't feel like getting up again, it's easy to retreat...

"Yet this I call to mind..." (Lamentations 3: 16-24) Even if the circumstances are dire, rising to declare the goodness and promises of God over your life.

I rose. Thanking God that the children are protected in His bubble and will come through this hideous time unscathed, that they have a future hope in Him that will not be cut off...

Defined by his love and what he says about us!

No comments: