December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011


You know it's Christmas at Hillsong Church when there's camels waiting in the carpark!! During the Christmas Eve service we were surprised too to be called out and given this slider below;

"This is for Rebecca with the 4 kids" Oh my goodness I think that's me!


The berry, mango and mascarpone trifle Miss E and I made ready for Christmas lunch...


Christmas morning!!!!!!! All up at 6 :)) Can you guess the present behind the tree?

:

There were a couple of skateboards for these awesome boys too...



Hahaha the kids dad. Separated at birth?!


We then had a champagne brekkie with the most wonderful neighbours....




& street rides and laughs for all on the slider:


As I mentioned before we then then met up with the children's father's girlfriend, her kids & mother for Christmas lunch, more pressies and fun at Balmoral beach


Go Lij!!


It was funny to bang into our pastors Brian and Bobbie (Who's taking the photo) at Balmoral too with the slider we'd been given at church :))


It was such a great day!

When we'd been home for a bit later it was interesting that the kids started bringing up how nice I was to BP's girlfriend and her mum, commenting how other divorced people wouldn't be able to do that. I wasn't aware they were watching?!

Gosh if you stop and think about it, the whole set up is unusual but it was actually a lovely time in a funny kind of way!!! It worked for the kids who had such a happy and carefree day, and I appreciate that BP even invited me to join them on what was officially 'his time' this year. I could tell BP and his girlfriend were deliberately trying not to be overly affectionate in front of me so I wouldn't feel uncomfortable. Honestly though so much water has gone under the bridge to the point that BP and I just feel like old school friends...and parents too of course!

So that was us!
Hope you and your families had a great day too. Jesus' birthday is the BEST!!

2 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas Becca!!

banban said...

Looks lovely and fun and cool slider!!!!