September 22, 2011

40th Dessert Party ~

Thanks a BILLION to my family for the wonderful dessert party they so beautifully spread out for me on Saturday! xox

We took photo's beforehand, and when the first guests arrived...but after that forgot to take any!! Whoops, too busy having fun!

I found a few phots taken by friends of the cake and speeches etc...& my kids must of zoomed past every camera as they ran around outside til midnight, they had a blast!

Pretty flowers and lanterns ~

A perfect Spring night ~

Delicious desserts ~ THANKS Mum for all your hard work, and Dad for running back and forth to the shops!

Lovely speeches ~ except mine, gosh it hadn't even crossed my mind that I'd have to say anything so I just kind of umm-ed and ahh-ed and said nothing!! You know how you think later what you could have said... oh well, maybe when I'm 50!

Thanks Hamish for coming over to rep the brothers, and for stringing up all the lanterns :)

Thanks to my kids for decorating the garage for the children and for buying me a birthday dress {which Miss E picked out!}

There were touching moments and laughter, friends from youth group days (Yay G&T) and a sing-song with Sheryl on guitar, she's the life of the party that girl! Here she is top right teaching everyone a Maori action song; 'Tutira mai nga iwi'

Thanks to EVERYONE near and far for your birthday wishes, I've felt incredibly blessed by you all!! :)

5 comments:

Sammy said...

Happy birthday lovely girl! I am not far behind you (yikes)
I am researching about the number 40. Really spiritually significant, loving what I am finding out!
40 is going to be an amazing year for you!

Widge said...

Wow looks like an incredible night. Love your dress! :)
Happy 40th xo

Gail said...

Fab night - love it all!! You really look happy Becs!x

Penny said...

Looks like a fabulous few days. What a great family and kids you have. So glad you enjoyed yourself.
P.s.You so don't look 40! Gorgeous!
P.p.s Wow re the holiday spots! I need to start praying as we've never been able to afford a family holiday and Turbo will be 4 soon!!

banban said...

Looks like lots of beautiful fun, I hadn't realised this birthday was your 40th, you look great and I'm so glad you had such a lovely time. May the next 40 years be amazing, full of breathtaking God moments, laughter and fun. xx