May 06, 2010

My little masterchef's!


 
Last year my children, especially the oldest two were right into the ‘Master Chef’ series on TV. Their enthusiasm spread into our kitchen as they stirred, whipped and cooked up meals for us most of winter.

As a girl I remember cooking all day with my friend Nicola and then hosting her family and mine for dinner that night!
 
Now my kids are a bit older I’ve let my kids loose in the kitchen to do the same: They’ve planned and cooked up the menu, set and decorated the table… and learnt on the job!

Miss E's lemon meringue pie to die for…honestly the best one I’ve EVER tasted!!

One night each of the children were assigned a part of the menu to prepare for our friends The Kings who dined at our restaurant that night. J made ravioli from scratch for the entrée =amazing!! (I’ve never done that before!)

Another time I gave Miss E and J a chicken breast each and they both created their own dish! Miss E made satay chicken which she ‘plated up’ beautifully around a rice mould she’d turned out from a cup.

In training!!! At this rate hopefully they’ll be set up and with some recipes and cooking skills for life…and be able to give mum a night or two off cooking too!



1 comment:

PaisleyJade said...

Woohoo - that is so cool... and that lemon meringue pie looks amazing!!!