November 13, 2009

Home: a good place to be!

I could relate to this post; Karen Cheng talking about home:

“Our home doesn't boast of super trendy interiors, expensive furniture and the latest entertainment systems. It's got nice personal touches here and there, but most of it's quite modest and eclectic.

I'm not saying we're poor. I'm just not interested in creating a stylish designer house for my family and keeping up with the latest lifestyle magazines. All that lifestyle stuff just gets in the way of LIFE.

...my aunty… she lives in an old, teeny tiny house in a rougher part of town. Yet every time I step through her front door, I'm struck with the most amazing and astonishing sense of warmth, security, happiness and love. I can't put my finger on how she did it - but I'm inspired - I want my home to have that effect on people too

3 comments:

Simoney said...

That's a great quote Becs. And so true!

Anonymous said...

Me too - I want my home to be a resting place, a sanctuary even.

Psalm 91:01
He that dwelleth in the shadow of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty God.

That's what I want.

You're phenomenal!

Rangiora

Anonymous said...

(Whoops "secret place" of the most high not the shadow)