November 26, 2009

Forgiveness

"If you choose not to forgive...what are you going to do with the resentment you carry and the grievances you have? What are your plans for them?

Harold Graham says, "You take these grievances and hug them to yourself as if they are your most prized possessions, when really they are the very thing that's taking the life out of you, taking your health, taking your fellowship with God, taking your ability to minister, and taking your ability to love."

One of my children was struggling to move past an offense and forgive a brother earlier on this year when , another burst into song:
"Let it go, let it roll right off your shoulders..."  (Sung on 'Meet the Robinson's') We all cracked up!!

Forgiveness frees you to be the person you really are!!

We all stuff-up and hurt others. I know I have.
"It's easy to see a smudge on your neighbor's face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own.”(Matt 7v3) Whoah; that’s straight to the point!

Everyone is on a journey, tripping over our own humanity along the way . I mess up a LOT, say dumb stuff, get my nickers in a knot, and distance myself. Sorry for the pain I've caused.

OH what joy though to be forgiven!! I've found the ultimate forgiveness in the kindness of a Saviour. Completely undeserved. He's taken what could have weighed me down and given LIFE!! And a second (3rd, 4th..100th) chance. I'm so thankful. Jesus.

"Freely you have received, freely give." Matt 10v8


1 comment:

Gail said...

Great post Becs. I stuff up all the time - yesterday actually. I've apologised but get the feeling (it's a cold shoulder) that the other person is still holding onto the offence. Not sure what to do from here, but will see.

Hope you're well chick!