January 09, 2009

Thinking about 09

Up until Sunday I hadn't really given goals and dreams for the new year much thought, my only hope that they'd be some relief from days of trouble in 2009!

There's just too many unknowns...so much still up in the air!

However, at church a couple of thoughts jumped out at me, things i can aim towards and concentrate on NOW despite my current muddle:

1.)"Gain all you can. Save all you can. Give all you can" (John Wesley)
Getting a couple of income streams going this year, being diligent at saving, stepping up the giving a notch...getting that house in Watoto built! (A project we started in 2007, but kinda came to a standstill in 2008)

2.) Setting my affection on the house of God, making it my chief joy!
The church has been good to me! I love His house, and want to be found in it every season of my life- good or bad, whether i feel like it or not. My life may be a little messy at the mo, but where else would I rather be. I know I'll find my feet again this year in the house of God!

No comments: